- Food Ingredients, food additives, food colors, Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) substances, and processing aids
- Dietary proteins, herb and spices, high value oils, and other substances at risk of adulteration
- Foods, such as olive oil and honey
- Functional ingredients and special nutritionals intended to support human health
Expert Committee Charge
The Food Ingredients Expert Committee is responsible for the development and revision of Food Chemicals Codex documentary standards and guidance documents as well as associated analytic materials.
- Work with regulators, industry, and other stakeholders internationally to develop new and improve Food Chemicals Codex standards
Associated Expert Bodies
- Dietary Proteins Expert Panel
- High Value Food Oils Expert Panel
- Honey Expert Panel
- Olive Oil Authenticity and Quality Expert Panel
- Modern Analytical Methods Joint Subcommittee
- Review and comment on the proposals and revisions in the FCC Forum.
- The status of Revisions, Deferrals, Cancellations, Commentary, and Index for each issue of the FCC can be found here.
Learn more about the impact of this EC and its Associated Expert Bodies: