Safeguarding the quality of medication is fundamental to protecting the public's health, especially as ingredients and products come from all over the world. Biologics — such as recombinant therapeutic proteins, vaccines, blood components, tissues and gene therapies — are growing faster than any other segment of medicine. Just as they do for chemical medicines, manufacturers must ensure the purity and quality of the biologics that make their way to patients. USP quality standards serve as the foundation for a robust safety network that assists manufacturers by increasing predictability and reliability, and preserving the integrity of the global supply chain.
Cell, gene and tissue standards
Glycosaminoglycans and carbohydrates standards
Raw and ancillary materials standards
Education and training resources
Events and summaries
- Bringing Flow Cytometry to Life: Applications in Cellular Therapies
- USP General Chapters and Reference Standards that Support the Development and Characterization of Biologics - On Demand Webinar
- Developing a Culture of Quality: from Early Development Novel Therapeutics to Market-a panel discussion: presented live Oct. 26, 2020. (presented on the BioTechniques platform)
- USP’s Global Biologics Summit: Virtual Edition-Executive Summary
- Gene Therapy CMS Workshop Executive Summary
- Analytical Methods to Support Vaccine Quality
- USP virtual roundtable on insulin quality: Executive summary
- Roundtable on precision medicine and genomics
- USP Biologics stakeholder forum: Executive summary
- Roundtable on mRNA standardization
- Roundtable on visible particles
- Roundtable on performance standards development for chromatographic column qualifications
Our goal is to create broadly applicable standards that benefit both the industry and public health. Every decision we make—including the decision to move ahead with a proposed standard—is made with that intent in mind.
We are committed to ensuring that our approach evolves with the science of biologics and the needs of stakeholders, including patients, practitioners, industry and regulators.
You'll have the support of our science experts, education team, informational resources and global customer support.