Since opening in 2013, USP–Ghana has trained more than 300 professionals from 39 African countries on a range of pharmaceutical regulatory, quality assurance, and quality control functions.
USP–Ghana works with partners to develop skills to deliver quality assured medicines to people who need them most. This includes:
- Integrated training services for professionals in pharmaceuticals regulation and manufacturing
- Comprehensive skills-building and human resource capacity development covering quality management systems, good laboratory practices, good manufacturing practices, and quality control procedures
- Courses featuring lectures from working professionals in key sectors
- Supply chain integrity and quality assurance and control consulting services to help detect and prevent medicine adulteration
- Fostering South-South collaboration through regional harmonization initiatives, such as inter-laboratory training through USP’s Network of Official Medicines Control Laboratories
USP–Ghana is included under USP's ISO 9001:2008 certification and has earned accreditation to ISO 17025:2005.