Compounding resources during COVID-19 pandemic
- May 18, 2020 – Operational Considerations for Sterile Compounding During COVID-19 Pandemic
- May 6, 2020 – USP Response to Shortages of Garb and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for Low- and Medium-Risk Sterile Compounding
- April 29, 2020 - Compounding hand sanitizer information updated
- April 8, 2020 – View compounding hand sanitizer video
- September 15, 2020 - Open Forum for Beyond-Use Date (BUD) Provisions in General Chapters <795> & <797>
- July 21, 2020 - USP Stakeholder Engagement Plan on Beyond-Use Date (BUD) Provisions in General Chapters <795> & <797>
- Registration opened for September 15, 2020 Open Forum
- June 26, 2020 – Revision Bulletin published to clarify the term ‘antineoplastic’ for the purpose of Chapter <800>
- May 26, 2020 – Update on stakeholder engagement activities related to beyond-use-date (BUD) provisions in General Chapters <795> & <797>.
- March 12, 2020 – The Appeals Panel issues decisions on the Appeals to USP <795>, <797>, and <825>. Click here for more information.
- The currently official versions of General Chapter <795> (last revised in 2014) and General Chapter <797> (last revised in 2008) remain official.
- General Chapter <825> will become official on December 1, 2020. General Chapter <825> remains informational and not compendially applicable.
- General Chapter <800> became official on December 1, 2019. General Chapter <800> remains informational and not compendially applicable.
- Sign up for USP Healthcare Quality & Safety Updates
Millions of prescriptions are compounded by pharmacists, nurses, and doctors each year in the US to meet the unique needs of patients who otherwise may not have access to the required medicine in the right concentration or dosage. Understanding of the risks inherent in compounding and incorporating established USP standards into everyday practice is essential for patient safety.
To learn more about compounding and available resources click here.