See how USP-Ghana is helping to equip the next generation of pharmaceutical manufacturers and medicines regulators with the training and skills they need.
In low- and middle-income countries, regulatory authorities often face challenges in ensuring that medicines are manufactured, imported, stored, distributed and used according to quality standards. This ultimately affects their ability to fulfill their essential functions of protecting people and promoting public health.
USP works with National Medicines Regulatory Authorities (NMRAs) to strengthen the building blocks of effective regulatory systems to develop capacity and effectively utilize public quality standards. We provide technical assistance to NMRAs and official medicines control laboratories to develop capacity in medicines evaluation, inspection and quality surveillance.
Areas of Technical Support & Training
- Policy, legislation and regulation
- Guidelines, procedures and specifications
- Pharmaceutical sector inspection, including cGMP inspection
- Dossier review and evaluation
- Medicines registration, marketing authorization and licensing
- Data standards and regulatory information management
- Post marketing surveillance