- Non-botanical (vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes) dietary supplement ingredient and product monographs
Expert Committee Charge
- The Non-Botanical Dietary Supplements Expert Committee is responsible for the development of new and revision of existing monographs and their associated reference materials for non-botanical dietary supplement ingredients and products.
- Work with FDA and stakeholders to develop new and improve existing non-botanical dietary supplement monographs
- Work with FDA and stakeholders to improve existing non-botanical drug monographs
- Modernize assay methods by titration to high-performance liquid chromatography and other advanced methods as appropriate
Associated Expert Bodies
- Dietary Supplements and Herbal Medicines Nomenclature Joint Subcommittee
- Probiotics Expert Panel
- Modern Analytical Methods Joint Subcommittee
- The latest ballot results can be found here (results can be filtered by particular ECs).
- The status of Revisions, Deferrals, Cancellations, Commentary, and Index for each USP–NF and Supplement can be found here.
Learn more about the impact of this EC and its Associated Expert Bodies
- Our Work on Dietary Supplements and Herbal Medicines
- Dietary Supplements Compendium Online