Join an important conversation.
The United States Pharmacopeia (USP) will hold a virtual Open Forum on “Improving the Pharma Environmental Footprint" on Tuesday, February 21, 2023, from 9:00 a.m. – until 11:00 a.m. EST. Registration is free, and advance registration is required.
This virtual Forum presents an opportunity for stakeholders involved in pharmaceutical and life sciences – across industry, regulatory, and academia – to engage and exchange information and perspectives to advance a greener future. USP is seeking input on how to improve the environmental impact of pharma manufacturing and quality testing across the supply chain while ensuring quality medicines.
Topics that have caught our attention include the ongoing modernization of methods (e.g., application of greener analytical methodologies, utilizing and/or reusing lower toxicity solvents), harmonization with other pharmacopeias, and using advanced manufacturing technologies.
We are seeking input from stakeholders in areas such as:
- Waste (solvents, plastics, packaging, etc.)
- Water stewardship
- Biodiversity conservation
- Employee (laboratory) health and safety
- Other as needed
Who should participate?
- Professionals in pharmaceutical and life science companies, including (and not limited to):
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control professionals
- Regulatory Affairs professionals
- Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) leads
- Regulatory agencies
- Trade and professional groups in the pharma, life science and environmental spaces
- USP Pharmaceutical Environmental Footprint Roundtable Summary
- Improving the Pharmaceutical Environmental Footprint: Exploring Options for USP Initiatives and Partnerships
- USP Overview
For further information, please contact Jacqueline D. Starkes