Tony joined USP in 2015 when he launched the Global External Affairs division which includes Global Communications, US Government and Regulatory Affairs, International Government and Regulatory Affairs, and the USP Convention and Global Stakeholder Engagement. In 2018, his responsibilities expanded to include Secretary, USP Convention and Secretary, USP Board of Trustees. He is an officer of the USP Convention.
As leader of Global External Affairs, Tony leads our work to engage and influence public and regulatory policy – working with regulators, industry associations, and patient and practitioner groups to leverage USP standards to bring more quality medicines to more people everywhere. As Convention Secretary, Tony envisioned and implemented a new model of engagement across the 500 organizations in the USP Convention to foster more dialogue and advocacy across Convention sectors and international regional chapters. In addition, he oversees Convention governance including the development and adoption of the Resolutions that guide USP’s work. As Board Secretary, he ensures USP fulfills its commitment to good governance and stewardship, and he oversees Board recruitment and transitions between USP’s five-year cycles.
Tony’s experience includes leadership roles in public, regulatory and payment policy; government relations; social investing; corporate social responsibility; and communications. He has worked at the federal and state level in the U.S. and worked in Europe and the United Kingdom in international roles. He has been a longtime champion of LGBTQ+ diversity and inclusion throughout his career.
- Becton Dickinson and Co.: Worldwide Vice President, Public Affairs; Vice President, U.S. Public Policy and Government Relations
- GlaxoSmithKline: Vice President, Global Public Policy; Senior Director, External Affairs, Vaccines; Director, Government Marketing; Regional Manager, State Government Relations
- Applied Biosystems: Director, Public Policy and Government Relations
- Temple University – James E. Beasley School of Law, Juris Doctorate, cum laude
- Member, Temple Political and Civil Rights Law Review
- Saint Joseph’s University, B.A., International Politics, cum laude
- Heythrop College, University of London
Awards, Recognition, Admissions:
- Bar Admissions: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, State of New Jersey
- Board Membership: Fight the Fakes Alliance, BioHealth Innovation, Inc., Public Affairs Council
- Steering Committee, Connected DMV Pandemic Prevention and Biodefense Center
- Completing the USP 2020 Convention Meeting over a digital platform at the start of the pandemic
- Enactment of reforms in the ACA that reduce healthcare-associated infections
- Reaching agreement on a public-private partnership that led to the world’s first malaria vaccine