Surendra Nath currently serves as Senior Vice President, Regions & Program Operations (RPO) for USP. He leads USP’s programs and business operations worldwide as well as USP's “Global Growth Program” that establishes regional operations to strengthen relationships with key stakeholders. He has built diverse regional teams that successfully execute sales and marketing, external affairs, scientific affairs, and education programs and that implement other USP programs in the regions. He provides strategic leadership with a focus on sustainability and impact.
As a leader of RPO, Surendra Nath strengthens, builds, and implements marketing strategies that drive revenue goals, enhance the relevance of USP standards and programs, and increase awareness at the national and global levels. He leads close collaborations with pharmacopeias and regulatory agencies in the areas of capacity building and advocacy for quality of medicines, foods and dietary supplements; and works with stakeholders to promote public health through public standards and scientific activities.
Surendra Nath joined USP-India in 2006 as Director for Standards Development and provided critical leadership for the establishment of laboratories and diversification of the portfolios for USP-India. He managed the planning, design, and construction of the new USP office and 100,000 square feet of laboratory space at USP’s Hyderabad site in 2010-– which features R&D laboratories in areas including biologics research and synthetic chemistry. Surendra Nath also served on the team responsible for the 2014 expansion of the USP-China site.
Before joining USP, Surendra Nath worked in the pharmaceutical industry for 15 years as Head of Quality leading Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and Regulatory Affairs. He also managed several audits for various regulatory agencies during his tenure in industry.
- Vimta Labs Ltd: Director, Chemistry & Instrumentation
- Sriram Labs: Director, Technical
- Matrix Labs Ltd (Now Mylan): General Manager, Quality
- ICFAI University, Executive MBA
- Indian Institute of Technology, Ph.D., Chemistry
- Indian Institute of Technology, M.S., Chemistry
- New Science Degree College, B.A., Chemistry, Honors
Awards, Recognition, Admissions:
- UGC, India Fellowship for Ph.D. research
- CSIR India Fellowship for Ph.D. research
- Several research papers published in analytical chemistry
- Served on JSS University committee for setting curriculum