USP will host the third annual workshop on improving the quality of compounding to enhance patient safety through the development of standards for compounded medicines. The workshop will convene a wide range of stakeholders to explore current and emerging stakeholder needs in the compounding realm, focusing on various topics of interest to compounders as they seek to understand and implement the USP General Chapters <795> and <797> published in November 2022.
- Explore current trends, initiatives, and regulations for quality compounding
- Get involved in ongoing efforts to enhance the adoption and use of compounding standards that have the highest public health value
- Share perspectives, experiences and lessons learned along the journey towards the adoption of new USP compounding standards
- Discuss ongoing strategies to improve patient safety through standardization of commonly compounded medicines
- Connect with peers and USP staff and identify ways to get involved.
You should attend if you are a:
- healthcare provider who prescribes, prepares or administers compounded preparations to meet the tailored needs of patients
- academician who conducts research and development for compounded formulations
- source, manufacture or distribute API (active pharmaceutical ingredient), excipients, product or equipment for the compounding of medicine
- drug manufacturer
- represent a contract lab that tests and develops compounded formulations
- representative of regulation or accreditation of compounding facilities at the state or federal level
The in-person participation will take place at USP’s Rockville, MD headquarters (conditions permitting). There will also be a virtual option for those who cannot attend in person.
Early Bird registration will be available through January 13, 2023, 12:00 noon EST.