Amanda is responsible for ensuring USP is prepared to meet the current and future call of its mission, strengthening the global supply of quality medicines. Her passions for strategy, policy and culture unite in a long-standing professional commitment to strengthening institutions, and the people within them, to better serve the public. Amanda has spent most of her career in healthcare and benefited from the diverse perspectives that come from working in many different countries, and from the vantage point of both regulators and industry.
Amanda oversees USP’s global strategy, insights, analytics, planning and pricing activities; Global Legal Affairs, as well as its Legal Standards function, which is responsible for USP’s unique standard setting role in U.S. law; and Global People and Culture function. Amanda is Executive Sponsor of USP’s Global Women’s Affinity Group, UGWN.
Amanda is an enthusiastic cyclist and iron man finisher, who met her husband while cycling from Khartoum to Cape Town. They live in Washington, DC with their two children (who are also enthusiastic cyclists) and their dog (who is not).
- McKinsey & Company, Inc.: Associate Partner
- Department of Health and Human Services: Director, State Health Insurance Marketplaces
- Bridgewater Associates: Chief Operating Officer, Account Management
- Yale Law School, Juris Doctorate
- Williams College, Economics and Political Science double major, magna cum laude
Awards, Recognition, Admissions:
- Bar Admissions: Washington DC
- Vice Board Chair, Latin American Montessori Bilingual (LAMB) School
- Board Member, Greater Washington
- Harry S Truman Scholar
A Few Favorite Professional Achievements:
- Supported regulators and industry on four continents (Africa, Asia, Europe, North America) to advance health system reforms
- After passage of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), built and led a new government agency inside HHS (CCIIO/State Based Exchanges), overseeing the creation, award and administration of a $4+ billion government grant program to states
- Spearheaded the development of McKinsey’s portfolio of strategic tools for understanding and responding to the ACA