Dr. Todd Abraham saw USP make great strides in advancing its mission and vision to improve global public health during the 2015-2020 cycle. During his first term on the Board of Trustees, Dr. Abraham helped USP’s knowledge management effort reach its full potential, working with USP leadership to bring together the organizational needs and the team’s skills and abilities to successfully meet the organization’s objectives. As treasurer of the Board of Trustees for the 2020-2025 cycle, he brings his strategic planning and finance experience to help ensure USP’s future longevity and financial stability.
Dr. Abraham is currently the Chief Innovation Officer at The Cronos Group, after retiring as Senior Vice President of Global Research and Nutrition at Mondelez International (formerly Kraft Foods). During his 35+ year career, Dr. Abraham’s experience has spanned research and development (R&D), marketing, and general management in the food industry. His R&D activities included innovation and product development, nutrition science, analytical responsibilities, technology development, and knowledge management globally.
Dr. Abraham received his Ph.D. in bio-inorganic chemistry from the University of Pennsylvania and his M.B.A. in strategic planning from the Wharton School; he uses this combination of scientific and business training to understand the unique needs of nonprofit and startup organizations. Dedicated to imparting his knowledge so others might learn from his experience, Dr Abraham mentors and coaches startup organizations that focus on improving the global food supply through novel ingredients, innovative distribution solutions, and a focus on food-related health concerns, such as food allergenicity, diabetes, and obesity.
- Mondelez / Kraft / Nabisco: Sr. Vice President, Global Research and Nutrition; Sr. Vice President Product Development
- The Pillsbury Company: Vice President, International R&D; Marketing Director
- The Cronos Group: Chief Innovation Officer
- University of Pennsylvania, Ph.D., Bioinorganic Chemistry
- The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, MBA
- Brown University, Sc.B., Chemistry with honors
Awards, Recognition, Admissions:
- Monell Chemical Senses Institute: International Advisory Board Chair
- International Life Sciences Institute: Co-Chair, Board of Trustees
- NextGen Nutrition Investment Partners: Science Advisor
- National Science Foundation Industry University Cooperative Research Centers: Mentor / Evaluator
- Sargento Cheese: Technical Advisory Board