For nearly 30 years, Mr. John Taylor has made significant contributions to public health serving in senior leadership positions at the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), industry, and consulting services. This trio of experiences positions him with a firm understanding of the relationship between the stakeholders impacted by USP standards and the regulatory framework where these standards operate.
Mr. Taylor is currently the President and Principal of Compliance and Regulatory Affairs at Greenleaf Health where he provides strategic consultation to FDA-regulated clients on enforcement and compliance matters. As an industry veteran, he served as Executive Vice President for Health at the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) and as Divisional Vice President for Federal Government Affairs at Abbott.
Mr. Taylor spent over 20 years at the FDA, culminating in several leadership roles. As Acting Deputy Commissioner for Global Regulatory Operations and Policy, he led and directed more than 4,000 employees in the FDA’s Office of Regulatory Affairs and Office of International Programs. He also served in two other high-profile positions at FDA, including Counselor to the Commissioner and Acting Deputy Principal Commissioner. When Mr. Taylor joined the FDA, he began as an attorney within FDA’s Office of the Chief Counsel where he was responsible for all phases of criminal and civil litigation related to violations of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and other federal laws.
Mr. Taylor received his J.D. from the College of William and Mary and a B.A. in History from the Pennsylvania State University.
- Greenleaf Health, Inc.: President and Principal Compliance and Regulatory Affairs
- Food and Drug Administration: Counselor to the Commissioner, Office of the Commissioner
- Food and Drug Administration: Principal Deputy Commissioner
- Food and Drug Administration: Acting Deputy Commissioner for Global Operations and Policy
- Biotechnology Industry Organization: Executive Vice President, Health
- Abbott: Divisional Vice President, Federal Government Affairs
- Food and Drug Administration: Associate Commissioner for Regulatory Affairs
- Food and Drug Administration: Director of the Office of Enforcement
- Food and Drug Administration: Acting Director, Office of Compliance Center for Drug Evaluation and Research
- Food and Drug Administration: Senior Advisor to the Commissioner
- Food and Drug Administration: Associate Chief Counsel for Enforcement
- College of William and Mary, J.D.
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A., History
Awards, Recognition, Admissions:
- The Food and Drug Law Institute’s Distinguished Service and Leadership Award: 2012
- Presidential Executive Rank Award for Meritorious Service
- The Department of Health and Human Services Secretary’s Award for Distinguished Service (1997, 2000, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2013)
- Food and Drug Administration Commissioner’s Special Citation (1998, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013)