Ms. Laura Herman, a second term USP Board member, brings over 20 years of global development experience working with foundations, corporations, multilaterals, and NGOs to create positive change in the world, especially across the global south. Throughout her career, she has worked to address poverty and a variety of social issues across the globe. Her career in global health has consistently prioritized health systems strengthening, fueled by a commitment to the importance of health standards, equity, quality medicines and patient education.
Ms. Herman began her consulting career as a management consultant at Deloitte in the mid-1990s, working on large scale organizational change initiatives. She joined the founding team of FSG in 2002 and led the Global Health and Gender Equity practices until 2018. During that time, she helped grow the firm to a team of 160 consultants in six offices worldwide. She then moved to Singapore to join Essilor, the world’s largest manufacturer of eyeglasses. There she was a Vice President, overseeing strategy across the company’s global inclusive business and corporate foundations. She also oversaw advocacy partnerships to advance road safety and global education objectives. Ms. Herman is currently a Principal at Dalberg Advisor’s New York office where she leads efforts to help build a more inclusive and sustainable world for everyone.
She has been a board member for VillageReach, a non-profit focused on improving “last mile” drug distribution in the global south. She was named one of the “50 Most Influential Social Innovators” and one of the “Women Super Achievers” by the World Sustainability Congress in 2018 and 2019. Ms. Herman served as the Public Trustee for the USP Board of Trustees during the 2015-2020 cycle.
Ms. Herman pursued her MBA and MA in International Policy from Stanford with the explicit intent of developing a consulting firm that would improve the effectiveness of philanthropy in the global south, starting with a focus on healthcare. She also has a BBA in International Business from the University of Michigan.
- Dalberg Global Development Advisors: Partner
- Essilor: Vice President, Strategy and Advocacy
- Stanford University, M.A. and MBA, International Policy
- University of Michigan, BBA, International Business
Awards, Recognition, Admissions:
- Board Membership: Public Trustee, USP Board of Trustees, 2015-2020 cycle
- Board Membership: VillageReach
- Board Membership: Global Health Council, Washington DC
- Named one of the “50 Most Influential Social Innovators” and one of the “Women Super Achievers” by the World Sustainability Congress in 2018 and 2019
A Few Favorite Professional Achievements:
- Prioritizing health systems strengthening, fueled by a commitment to the importance of health standards, equity, quality medicines and patient education
- Growing FSG Consulting to a team of 160 consultants in six offices worldwide