USP Verified Dietary Supplements
USP Verified dietary supplements are products that have been voluntarily submitted to the USP Dietary Supplement Verification Program and have successfully met the program's stringent testing and auditing criteria. The program was established by USP to help dietary supplement manufacturers ensure the production of quality products for consumers.
Look for The Mark
Products that meet program requirements are awarded the USP Verified Mark for use on labels, packaging, and promotional materials. The Mark makes it easy for customers, healthcare practitioners, and retailers to identify USP Verified products. Here's what it means.
Where to Find USP Verified Dietary Supplements
- View USP Verified products and where they can be found.
- The USP Verified Mark also appears next to verified products featured on the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database.
What Makes USP Verified Unique?
USP is a scientific nonprofit organization that establishes federally recognized standards for the quality of drugs, dietary supplements, and foods. It is the only such organization that also offers voluntary verification services to help ensure dietary supplement quality, purity, and potency. USP standards are used in more than 140 countries and are federally recognized per the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act and the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act.
- The USP Verified Mark has appeared on more than 400 million labels/packages!
- USP Verified products have been rated #1 in various categories of supplements reviewed by Consumer Reports Magazine.
- National media sources—Consumer Reports, Dr. Oz, Dr. Jennifer Ashton of CBS News, parenting.com, and Yahoo! Shine—have recommended looking for the USP Verified Mark when choosing supplements.