USP Verified Dietary Supplements
If it’s USP Verified, it’s in the bottle.
- Contains the ingredients listed on the label, in the declared strength and amounts
- Does not contain harmful levels of specified contaminants
- Is made according to FDA and USP Good Manufacturing Practices, using sanitary and well-controlled processes
Providing Peace of Mind
USP’s drug product and ingredient standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration. Dietary supplements are not subject to the same strict regulatory and scientific standards applied to drugs—creating opportunities for poor quality supplements to enter the market. Misleading health claims, potentially harmful levels of contaminants, and supplement mislabeling challenge consumer trust.
The USP Verified program is voluntary. Manufacturers whose supplements meet our demanding criteria and carry the USP Verified Mark on the product label demonstrate a deep commitment to good quality, allowing you to choose USP Verified dietary supplements with confidence.
Independent spirit. Uncompromising values.
What others are saying about USP Verified:
- USP's Christine Feaster discusses on ABC7 how USP and the USP Verified seal can help consumers find the right supplements for cold and flu season.
- "USP Verified and Good Housekeeping Seals–A Shared History", Quality Matters
- “Knowing What’s In Your Supplements”, New York Times
- “Don’t Believe Everything You Read on Supplement Labels” HealthEssentials, Cleveland Clinic