See how USP-Ghana is helping to equip the next generation of pharmaceutical manufacturers and medicines regulators with the training and skills they need.
Since opening in 2013, USP–Ghana has trained more than 300 professionals from 40 African countries on a range of pharmaceutical regulatory, quality assurance, and quality control functions.
USP–Ghana works with partners to develop skills to deliver quality assured medicines to people who need them most. This includes:
- Integrated training services for professionals in pharmaceuticals regulation and manufacturing
- Comprehensive skills-building and human resource capacity development covering quality management systems, good laboratory practices, good manufacturing practices, and quality control procedures
- Courses featuring lectures from working professionals in key sectors
- Supply chain integrity and quality assurance and control consulting services to help detect and prevent medicine adulteration
- Fostering South-South collaboration through regional harmonization initiatives, such as inter-laboratory training through USP’s African Medicines Quality Forum ( formally NOMCOL Africa)
USP–Ghana is included under USP's ISO 9001:2008 certification and has earned accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025, as well as WHO prequalification for its Laboratory.