- Steve Gendel, Ph.D., Senior Director, Science-Foods, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in learning more about the work of this Expert Committee?
Upcoming Official Meetings
- October 4–5, 2018, at USP–U.S., Rockville, MD
Past Meetings – Executive Summaries
- October 4–5, 2018 in USP–U.S., Rockville, MD – Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Food additives, food colors, substances generally recognized as safe (GRAS)
- Processing aids, such as enzymes, extraction solvents, filter media, and boiler water additives
- Foods, such as fructose and dextrose
- Functional ingredients that affect not the foods to which they are added, but the human body when the food is consumed
Expert Committee Charge
The Food Ingredients Expert Committee is responsible for the development and revision of monographs and their associated USP Reference Standards for food ingredients.
- Work with FDA and stakeholders to develop new and improve existing Food Chemicals Codex monographs
Subgroups and Expert Panels
- Dietary Proteins Expert Panel
- Food Adulteration Expert Panel
- Olive Oil Authenticity and Quality Expert Panel