Stakeholder Forums are held to enable an exchange of information and perspectives, with the ultimate goal of improving USP standards and information.
The Veterinary Drugs Stakeholder Forum provides an opportunity to educate stakeholders on USP activities, help USP staff understand veterinary drug issues, and discuss compendial issues and emerging USP initiatives that may affect veterinary drug stakeholders. All discussions are conducted in an open forum, with stakeholders from various organizations sharing their perspectives. Registration for all USP Stakeholder Forums is free of charge.
USP strives to keep stakeholders and the community at large aware of standards-setting activities related to timely issues, including those necessitated by worldwide events and those related to ongoing efforts to update standards to meet changing needs. Consistent with its commitment to provide public standards for the quality, consistency, purity, identity, and strength of all medicines, USP is advancing its standards for drugs for veterinary use. These standards include monographs and general chapters (including those devoted to veterinary drug topics) applicable to any articles recognized in the United States Pharmacopeia–National Formulary (USP–NF), whether in the form of a manufactured or a compounded preparation. USP has been active in setting standards for veterinary drugs for many years, and recently has expanded its mission statement to acknowledge this.
- Provide updates on topics of interest
- Receive stakeholder feedback
Who Should Participate
Veterinary drug manufacturers and organizations, practitioners, and regulatory agencies.
- 2a How and Why to Work With USP
- 2b Excipients and Harmonization Overview
- 3a Role of USP Monographs- CVM Perspective
- 3b Industry Perspective- How and Why to Work With USP
- 4ab General Chapters <1151> and <1152> and Injections and Packaging
- 4c Expert Panel on Veterinary Products
- 4d Elemental Impurities
- 4e CVM Perspective on Elemental Impurities
- 5ai Veterinary Compounding: Current Rules and Practices
- 5aii USP Standards for Compounding
- 6a CVM Update on Unapproved Veterinary Drugs
- 2014 Veterinary Drugs Stakeholder Forum Summary Slides