USP Summer Internship Program
Internship Fast Facts
- Duration: 12 weeks, 37.5 hour work week
- Location: USP–U.S. is walkable from the Twinbrook Metro Station, and a short Metro ride from Washington, D.C.
- Dates: TBD
- Compensation: Participants receive an hourly rate for each hour worked. Interns are responsible for travel, housing, and living expenses.
- Application Deadline: Applications are no longer being accepted for 2015.
- Contact: OnaLee Dougherty, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at email@example.com, for more information.
- Enhance appreciation and understanding of USP's activities in standards-setting, core compendial activities, and global public health
- Advance scientific and/or practice knowledge
- Contribute to USP's research and standards knowledge base in a tangible way
Eligibility and Requirements
Undergraduate sophomores, juniors, or seniors and graduate students majoring in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, or pharmacy are eligible. Graduate students in pharmaceutical sciences are also eligible.
You must have completed basic chemistry courses, including quantitative chemical analysis. International students must possess the appropriate visa. Applicants must demonstrate self motivation, independent work habits, excellent oral and written communication skills, computer competence, and an ability to apply education and experience.
Graduate students with a business or non-profit management focus will be considered for the Member and Professional Relations internship.
- Resume or CV
- Academic transcript(s)
- Letter of recommendation
- Essay (no more than 300 words) describing your interest and aspirations in the pharmaceutical, quality of manufactured medicines, excipients, and healthcare quality standards sciences
Applications may be mailed to:
United States Pharmacopeial Convention
c/o OnaLee Dougherty
12601 Twinbrook Parkway
Rockville, MD 20852-1790, USA
Applications may be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org