- Create and develop interoperable core digital solutions in collaboration with scientific and diverse expertise to enhance safe medication use across healthcare settings.
- Create a set of rules that govern how compounded drug preparations are encoded and exchanged in patient records, pharmacy systems, e-prescribing and other health IT systems.
- Provide information in electronic systems to support appropriate medication use in relation to patients reported drug allergy.
Expert Committee Charge
- The Health Information & Technology Expert Committee will explore the development of quality standards, tools, and solutions to accompany technological advancements in healthcare to safeguard the quality of promising healthcare innovations This includes interoperable core digital solutions that address patient and public health needs.
- Compounded Drug Preparation Information Exchange
- Allergies and Intolerances
Subgroups and Expert Panels
- Allergies and Intolerances Expert Panel
- Exchange of Compounded Drug Preparation Information in Health IT Systems Expert Panel
- The latest ballot results can be found here (results can be filtered by particular ECs).
- The status of Revisions, Deferrals, Cancellations, Commentary, and Index for each USP–NF and Supplement can be found here.
- Donna Bohannon, R.Ph., MS, Senior Scientific Liaison - Healthcare Quality and Safety, HealthcareQuality@usp.org
- Abigail Ammerman, Expert Committee Manager, email@example.com