- Botanical dietary supplement ingredient and product monographs
- Herbal medicinal ingredient, powder, and extract monographs
Expert Committee Charge
The Botanical Dietary Supplements and Herbal Medicines Expert Committee is responsible for the development of new and revision of existing monographs and their associated reference materials for botanical dietary supplements and herbal medicine ingredients. The Expert Committee will address U.S. as well as global standards.
- Work with FDA and stakeholders to develop new and improve existing botanical dietary supplement and herbal medicine monographs
- Work with FDA and stakeholders to modernize existing botanical drug monographs
- Modernize chromatographic methods for identification of articles of botanical origin as appropriate
Subgroups and Expert Panels
- Dietary Supplements Admission Evaluations Joint Standards-setting Subcommittee
- Dietary Supplements and Herbal Medicines Nomenclature Joint Subcommittee
- Cannabis Expert Panel
- Green Tea Extract Hepatotoxicity Expert Panel
- HMC East Asia Expert Panel
- HMC South Asia Expert Panel
- Modern Analytical Methods Joint Subcommittee
- The latest ballot results can be found here (results can be filtered by particular ECs).
- The status of Revisions, Deferrals, Cancellations, Commentary, and Index for each USP–NF and Supplement can be found here.
Learn more about the impact of this EC and its Associated Expert Bodies
- Our Work on Dietary Supplements and Herbal Medicines
- Standards for Cannabis
- Dietary Supplements Compendium Online