Interested in learning more about the work of this Expert Committee?
- Botanical dietary supplement ingredient and product monographs
- Herbal medicinal ingredient, powder, and extract monographs
Expert Committee Charge
The Botanical Dietary Supplements and Herbal Medicines Expert Committee is responsible for the development of new and revision of existing monographs and their associated reference materials for botanical dietary supplements and herbal medicine ingredients. The Expert Committee will address U.S. as well as global standards.
- Work with FDA and stakeholders to develop new and improve existing botanical dietary supplement and herbal medicine monographs
- Work with FDA and stakeholders to modernize existing botanical drug monographs
- Modernize chromatographic methods for identification of articles of botanical origin as appropriate
Associated Expert Bodies
• Dietary Supplements and Herbal Medicines Nomenclature Joint Subcommittee
• Cannabis Expert Panel
• Botanical East Asia Expert Panel
• Botanical South Asia Expert Panel
• Botanical Pan-American Expert Panel
• Modern Analytical Methods Joint Subcommittee
- The latest ballot results can be found here (results can be filtered by particular ECs).
- The status of Revisions, Deferrals, Cancellations, Commentary, and Index for each USP–NF and Supplement can be found here.
Learn more about the impact of this EC and its Associated Expert Bodies
- Our Work on Dietary Supplements and Herbal Medicines
- Standards for Cannabis
- Dietary Supplements Compendium Online