June 14, 2023 8:30 am
June 14, 2023 4:30 pm
Live Online Webcast
This course will address the implementation of updated tests for asbestos in the USP Talc monograph and associated chapters <901> and <1901>. The content will cover how to conduct and perform the testing techniques and implement them. Techniques performed less commonly will also be addressed (i.e., x-ray diffraction and polarized light microscopy).
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the updates to asbestos testing in USP Chapters <901> and <1901>
- Summarize techniques used to detect asbestos in pharmaceutical talc and describe how to perform these techniques.
- Interpret and explain data from x-ray diffraction and polarized light microscopy.
- Analyze data and interpret conclusions of performing x-ray diffraction and polorized light microscopy methods in USP <901> and <1901>.
- Describe the importance of USP Chapter <901> and <1901> as it relates to establishing the quality of talc for pharmaceutical use.
Who Should Participate:
- Analytical scientists
- QC/QA analysts
- QA auditors
- QA compendial Liaison Consultants
- QA manager
- QA staff
- QC chemists
- Regulatory affairs
- Excipients manufacturers
- Pharmaceutical manufacturers