USP in the News
Below are links to news stories in which USP appeared. Please note, you may be directed to an outside web page.
- Waging War on Deadly Fake Drugs in West Africa
NBC News/The Grio (4/5/2013)—USP’s Patrick Lukulay on counterfeit and substandard medicines in Africa and how USP’s work will help combat them through the new Center for Pharmaceutical Advancement and Training.
- Voices of Leadership: A Q&A with Desmond Hunt, U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention
Healthcare Packaging (4/1/2013)—Interview with USP’s Desmond Hunt on standards for packaging and labeling of pharmaceuticals.
- Analyzing Botanical Dietary Supplements
Chemical & Engineering News (3/18/2013)—USP’s Gabriel Giancaspro on USP’s Dietary Supplements Compendium and how it can be used to identify the true nature of botanicals.
- USP Hits Milestone with 3,000th Reference Standard
Nutra-Ingredients USA (3/6/2013)—Article reports on the achievement of 3,000 USP Reference Standards.
- Russian Lab Achieves ISO Accreditation
PharmTech.com (3/5/2013)—Article describes USP’s role in helping a medicines control laboratory in Russia receive ISO accreditation.
- Vitamin D Doses Often Don't Match Labels, Study Says
USA Today (2/11/2013)—USP’s John Atwater discusses standards for Vitamin D supplements in this article, which also recommends that consumers look for the USP Verified Mark when purchasing dietary supplements.
- Biocon's Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw on US Pharma Body Board
Business Standard (1/25/2013)—Article on USP’s new board member, Dr. Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw.
- EXCLUSIVE: Group Finds More Fake Ingredients in Popular Foods
ABC News (1/22/2013)—Broadcast news feature and article detail new additions to the USP Food Fraud Database.
- F.C.C. Revisions Proposed for Steviol Glycosides, Caffeine
Food Business News (1/2/2013)—Proposed FCC standards for various food ingredients is the focus of this article.