Thomas Reinders, Pharm.D., chair of the USP Nomenclature, Safety and Labeling Expert Committee, explains new USP standards for the content and appearance of prescription container labels, and how these standards will impact patients.
USP Press Room
Welcome to the USP Press Room. Here you will find press releases, news articles in which USP has appeared, USP images and other media resources.
- New Compendium Offers Freely Available Testing Standards to Help Ensure the Quality of Herbal Ingredients Used in Traditional Medicines (05/19/2013)
- Center for Pharmaceutical Advancement and Training Opens in Ghana (05/13/2013)
- New Logo for U.S. Pharmacopeia (04/14/2013)
- Read the Spring Edition of USP's Quarterly Newsletter, The Standard (04/12/2013)
- Voice of America Television Interviews USP's Patrick Lukulay on Substandard and Counterfeit Medicines Found in Ghana (04/12/2013)
- China Lab Inaugurated as First Satellite Site for USP Spectral Library Global Laboratory Network on Counterfeit and Substandard Food, Drugs (04/09/2013)
- Milestone of 3,000 USP Reference Standards (03/05/2013)
- Medication Quality in Russia and Region Strengthened with Official Laboratory’s Accreditation (03/04/2013)
- Medicines Compendium Expands Global Reach through New Expert Committees, Enhanced Website (01/31/2013)
- New Additions Increase Number of Records in USP Food Fraud Database by 60 Percent, Add Seafood, Clouding Agents and Lemon Juice as Foods Vulnerable to Fraud (01/23/2013)