Education on Dietary Supplement Verification
The following activities help educate healthcare professionals and consumers on the value of dietary supplement verification and provide tips for making sound recommendations and purchasing decisions.
For Healthcare Professionals
- “Product Quality Verification of Dietary Supplements” (offered by ProCE) for Pharmacists, Nurses, and Dietitians
ProCE, an independent provider of educational programming for healthcare professionals, is offering this free home-based continuing education (CE) activity for pharmacists, nurses, and dietitians. The course was designed to support counseling efforts by examining dietary supplement regulation and related topics, including
- Components of the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA)
- Labeling, claims, and good manufacturing practice requirements covered by DSHEA
- USP and other voluntary programs that verify the quality of dietary supplements
- Counseling points for assisting patients in making informed choices
- How to report adverse events involving dietary supplements
Development of this activity was funded in part by an educational grant from USP. Through ProCE, 1.0 contact hour (0.1 CEU) of credit may be achieved upon successful completion of the course. Learn more and participate.
- “USP Dietary Supplement Verification: The Standard of Quality”
This free, online program is similar to the above activity and is geared specifically toward pharmacists and pharmacy techs, but with a focus specific to the USP Dietary Supplement Verification Program and the USP Verified Mark. Topics include
- USP and why it was chosen to verify the quality of supplements
- The importance of the USP Verified Mark on a supplement label
- The USP Verified process
- Helping patients make informed dietary supplement choices
This program is not CE-accredited. Participate now.
- “Can You Be Sure You’re Getting High-Quality Vitamins?”
This short, interactive presentation introduces consumers to the USP Verified Mark, how the Mark became a symbol of quality, and how USP’s verification process helps to ensure high-quality dietary supplements. View now.