Pharmacopeial Forum (PF)
PF is the bimonthly online journal in which USP publishes proposed revisions to USP–NF for public review and comment.
Now a Free, Online-only Resource
To encourage and broaden participation in the standards-setting process, USP transitioned PF from a subscription-based print and online publication to a free, online-only resource with the release of PF 37 (1) on January 3, 2011.
New issues are posted online every two months at the beginning of the month. The comment period is 90-days and ends on the last day of the month (View current PF Publication and Comment Schedule).
Information Featured in PF
To make it easier for users to identify and respond to proposed changes to USP–NF standards, PF now contains only proposals for which USP is seeking public comment and information, including:
- In-Process Revisions
- Proposed Interim Revision Announcements (IRAs)
- PDG Harmonization Proposals (Stage 4)
- Stimuli Articles
In addition, PF provides access to previously published issues of PF Online dating back to 2002. Other information previously in PF, including official text (final IRAs), is now published on the USP website or in other publications.
Where to Find Items Previously in PF
Click on the links below to access information now located on USP’s website:
- Policies and Announcements
- Interim Revision Announcements (IRAs)
- IRA Reference Standard Information
- PF Publication and Comment Schedule
- Priority New Monographs
- Previous PF Proposals Still Pending
- Canceled Proposals
- PDG Harmonization Process and Harmonized Standards (Stage 6)
- Chromatographic Columns
- Nomenclature will be updated through the annual USAN publication and will not be included on the USP website