Key Issue: Pharmaceutical Components at Risk for Melamine Contamination
- Excipient Monograph Technical Services Support: Bob Lafaver, (email@example.com or 301-816-8335)
- Reference Standards Technical Support: RS Technical Service (firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-816-8129)
- Reference Standards Ordering: USP Customer Service (email@example.com or 800-227-8772)
- Media: Theresa Laranang-Mutlu (firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-816-8167)
FDA issued a guidance document entitled "Pharmaceutical Components at Risk for Melamine Contamination" on August 6, 2009. In an effort to keep both FDA and stakeholders informed of USP's activities in this matter, USP launched a "Hot Topics" web page on Pharmaceutical Components at Risk for Melamine Contamination. USP has offered to collaborate with FDA and industry stakeholders toward the development of appropriate analytical methods related to melamine testing.
The following FDA guidance and related USP activities are posted on the Key Issues website:
- FDA Guidance entitled 'Pharmaceutical Components at Risk for Melamine Contamination' (06–Aug–2009)
- USP Letter to FDA (05–Oct–2009)
- FDA Letter to USP (04–Dec–2009)
- USP Letter to FDA (18–Jan–2010)
To keep informed about any activities relating to melamine, sign up for USP's free Compendial Updates email service.