USP–NF General Notices
Special Update related to 5.60.30 Elemental Impurities in USP Drug Products and Dietary Supplements
The most recent update of General Notices occurred with the USP 37–NF 32 version, which will become official on May 1, 2014. At the time of balloting, the Council of Experts (CoE) Executive Committee, the body responsible for approving General Notices, decided to defer the proposed section 5.60.30 so that further deliberation could occur related to the date of applicability of General Chapters <232> Elemental Impurities—Limits and <2232> Elemental Contaminants in Dietary Supplements. That deliberation has occurred (see the Elemental Impurities Key Issues, and the CoE Executive Committee has approved section 5.60.30 Elemental Impurities in USP Drug Products and Dietary Supplements, with an official date of December 1, 2015. Links to these and previous recent versions of General Notices can be found below.
- General Notices in the Second Supplement to USP 37–NF 32 (posted 27–Dec–2013; publishing in Second Supplement to USP 37–NF 32 on June 1, 2014; official 01–Dec–2014). This version contains section 5.60.30 Elemental Impurities in USP Drug Products and Dietary Supplements, which has a delayed official date of December 1, 2015.
- Commentary for section 5.60.30 [proposed in PF 39 (1)]
- General Notices in USP 37–NF 32 (posted 08–Aug–2013; official 01–May–2014)
- General Notices in USP 36–NF 31 (published 01–Nov–2012; official 01–May–2013). This is the currently-official version as of the December 27, 2013 posting.
- General Notices in USP 35–NF 30 (published 01–Nov–2011; official 01–May–2012)
- General Notices in USP 34–NF 29 (published 01–Nov–2010; official 01–May–2011)