USP Meetings & Courses for Biologics
USP hosts events around the world to bring together leading scientific and healthcare experts to share knowledge and provide insight for the effective development and application of standards for biologics and biotechnology therapeutics.
These interactive forums promote the exchange of ideas regarding a wide range of current scientific findings, regulatory trends, and public health concerns. Workshops are open to all interested parties, and are held at USP–U.S. in Rockville, MD, unless otherwise stated.
- Workshop on Measurement and Characterization of Visible and Subvisible Particulates in Biologics, June 26-27, 2017 at USP Rockville, MD. Call for abstracts (Deadline: December 1, 2016)
SAVE THE DATE! Bioassay Workshop, Sept 25-26, 2017 at USP Rockville, MD.
Expert Committee Face-to-Face Meetings
- BIO1 Peptides and Insulin: November 16-17, 2016, USP Rockville, MD
- BIO2 Proteins:
- November 29-30, 2016, USP Rockville, MD
- September 27-28, 2017, USP Rockville, MD
- BIO3 Complex Biologics: March 7-8, 2017, USP Rockville, MD
- General Chapters - Biological Analysis: August 23-24, 2016, USP Rockville, MD
USP Education Courses
These courses are specially designed to help attendees to most effectively interpret and apply USP standards in their work. The following biotech-related courses were created and reviewed by USP Subject Matter Experts to ensure that they reflect the most up-to-date standards and information.
- Free On-Demand Pharmacopeia Course: N-linked Glycan Analysis: New Compendial Procedures and Associated Reference Standards
Free USP User Forums
USP staff present one-day, free seminars across the world. Topics include timely issues regarding USP initiatives related to specific industry segments (i.e., pharmaceuticals, biologics, foods, and dietary supplements), and how to use available USP resources to your advantage. Register for upcoming User Forums.