USP Dietary Supplements Compendium 2012
The 2012 USP Dietary Supplements Compendium (DSC) has been significantly updated and expanded into a two-volume set. The new DSC features USP 35–NF 30 standards with information from the Food Chemicals Codex (FCC), Eighth Edition, plus regulatory and industry documents, helpful tools and resources, and new and revised DSC Admissions Criteria Safety Reviews.
Highlights & Features
Updated and expanded content in the new edition has been reorganized and re-indexed into two volumes. To help you find the information you need, each volume features a master Table of Contents (TOC) as well as section TOCs. All monographs are in a new streamlined format.
- General Notices and Requirements
- USP General Chapters: tests, assays, procedures, and information for dietary supplements from USP 35–NF 30
- USP–NF Dietary Supplement Monographs: More than 400 monographs—64 are new! New or revised specifications for Ginkgo, Turmeric, Centella asiatica, and more. View sample monograph.
- USP–NF Excipient Monographs: More than 175 excipient monographs
- FCC General Provisions
- FCC Monographs: 200 monographs for ingredients used in dietary supplements from the FCC, Eighth Edition
- FCC Appendices with relevant FCC tests, assays, procedures, and information
- Reagents, Indicators, and Solutions
- Reference Tables
- DSC Admissions Criteria Safety Reviews: 23 new and revised reviews! Includes Melatonin, Boswellia serrata, Garcinia cambogia, and Maca. View sample.
- USP Dietary Supplement Verification Program: Information about USP Verification services for dietary supplements
- Dietary Supplements Regulatory Framework
- Tables of Dietary Intake Levels
- Guidance Documents
- Illustrations: 330 pages of full-color illustrations and images, macro/micro photographs, and chemical structures and chromatograms (TLC and HPLC or GC). View sample.
- Available as a two-volume print set, in English only. Volume two may be purchased separately.
Benefits & Applications
The DSC contains comprehensive specifications, established methods, and industry information helpful for producing and authenticating the quality of dietary supplements and their ingredients. Manufacturers and suppliers will find the DSC especially useful for
- Developing, manufacturing, and testing new products
- Qualifying raw materials
- Preparing for internal QC and GMP audits
- Reference tables, charts, and guidance documents from the US FDA, US FTC, APHA, and industry
- Conducting in–process and batch-release tests
- Accurately packaging, labeling, and storing products
A Valuable Resource
The DSC was developed for scientists and professionals working in or with
- Dietary supplement finished product manufacturing
- Dietary supplement ingredient and excipients manufacturing
- Dietary supplement and excipient supply chain qualification
- Dietary supplement and excipients distribution
- Contract laboratory testing