USP currently offers more than 3,500 Reference Standards—highly characterized specimens of drug substances, excipients, food ingredients, impurities, degradation products, dietary supplements, compendial reagents, and performance calibrators. USP Reference Standards are specified for use in conducting official USP–NF tests and assays. USP also provides Reference Standards specified in the Food Chemicals Codex as well as authentic substances—high-quality chemical samples—as a service to analytical, clinical, pharmaceutical, and research laboratories.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: USP Nystatin Reference Standard Customer Support Guidance (1–May–2017)
Search Catalog and Buy Reference Standards
Explore our entire reference standards catalog–including current and previous lots, valid use dates, prices, and more. Updated daily. Click on a catalog number to buy a reference standard from our online store.
Download Mobile App
Download the free USP Reference Standards and Resources App from Google Play or the Apple Store and easily access, track and receive information and alerts on USP Reference Standards of interest to you from your device
- Official recognition, can help demonstrate compliance—USP Reference Standards that are based directly on official monographs in the USP–NF—whose standards and procedures are enforceable by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)—are recognized as official standards in the U.S., and their use is effective in demonstrating compliance with statutory requirements.
- Collaboratively tested—USP Reference Standards are established through a collaborative quality testing process that involves at least three independent labs.
- Cost- and time-saving resource—USP Reference Standards offer a convenient, quality-tested alternative that can help you save costs and resources associated with developing in-house reference materials
- Stocked and ready to ship! USP is proud of its 99% availability rate. USP also offers same-day shipping for applicable orders!
USP Reference Standards are used to demonstrate identity, strength, purity, and quality for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. Common applications include:
- Limit tests for impurities or related compounds
- Assays for drug substances and for formulations
- System suitability tests
- Chromatographic and spectrophotometric procedures
- Performance verification tests (e.g., particle count, melting point, and standardization of titrants) as calibrators, blanks, and controls
- Ordering Information: How to order direct from USP?
- Technical Services and Account Managers: Find your regional account manager. Get contact information for our Technical Services team.
- How to Use USP Reference Standards and Read Product Listings: Comprehensive primer on using USP Reference Standards and how to read product listings.
- Currency Change Request On request, USP may issue invoices and receive payment in U.S. Dollars, Euros, British Pounds, and Canadian Dollars.
- Credit Application Open a line of credit with USP. Restrictions apply.
- Authorized Distributors International customers may order USP products directly from USP or from one of our Authorized Distributors.