2010 Convention Meeting
USP thanks all who participated in the USP Convention's Membership Meeting in April 2010. A record number of people attended, including 274 Delegates and Alternates attending in lieu of Delegates, 10 Honorary Members, 37 Official Observers, and 79 other attendees.
- Final Program
- President's Address (Dr. René Bravo)
- Remarks of the Chair, Council of Experts (Dr. Roger Williams)
- Board Chair's Report (Dr. Duane Kirking)
- Treasurer's Report (Dr. Larry Braden)
- Remarks of the Chief Executive Officer (Dr. Roger Williams)
The Membership Meeting is held once every five years to bring together Delegates from USP Convention member organizations to discuss and provide guidance on issues relating to USP's future. At the meeting, Delegates:
- elect USP's Council of Experts from a pool of nominated candidates;
- elect USP's Officers and Trustees, who have fiduciary responsibility for USP between meetings;
- adopt resolutions that advance the mission and vision of USP; and
- confirm USP's structure and operational framework as they review and vote upon amendments to USP's Constitution and Bylaws.
Materials for the 2010 Membership Meeting have been posted in the Delegate's Virtual Notebook.
The Resolutions Committee (RC) thanks everyone who participated in the Open Hearing on Resolutions (April 22, 2010) and appreciates the work of Delegates and Alternates during the debate and vote on Resolutions (April 24, 2010). Read the final 2010 Resolutions
Council of Experts Nominations
Constitution and Bylaws Amendments
The 2010–2015 USP Bylaws were adopted at by the Convention membership on April 24, 2010. The Constitution and Bylaws Committee thanks all who participated in the Open Hearing on April 22 and the final debate on April 24. Read the 2010–2015 USP Bylaws.
Beal Award for Distinguished Service
On April 23, 2010, Thomas S. Foster, Pharm.D. received USP's pinnacle award, the Beal Award for Distinguished Volunteer Service. The award is given once every five years and recognizes an individual who has made outstanding contributions while serving as a USP volunteer. Dr. Foster received a crystal sculpture representing USP's spirit of voluntarism and became a lifetime Honorary Member of the USP Convention. Dr. Foster has directed that the cash portion of the award ($10,000) be donated to the Paul F. Parker Endowment Fund at the University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy. The endowment supports the development of clinical research scientists trained at the College. Chief executive officer, Roger L. Williams, M.D. noted that USP volunteers are special individuals, who work with unrivaled dedication to further USP's mission and vision. Dr. Williams recognized Dr. Foster as one of those volunteers whose contributions stand above the rest. Read more.