2015-2020 Convention Governance Committee
The Convention Governance Committee (GC) is composed of 12 persons:
- 8 persons who are Delegates or other representatives of Voting Organizational Members,
or Voting At-Large Members, and
- 4 members of the Council of Experts.
Governance Committee members are appointed by the President of the Convention in consultation with the Executive Vice President-CEO and subject to the approval of the Board of Trustees. The President of the Convention also appoints the Chair of the GC from among the GC members. The current GC was organized in August 2015. Its members shall continue in office until adjournment of the next regular Membership Meeting or until their successors are appointed.
- Ensuring the integrity, accuracy, and security of the voting process used by the Voting Members,
- Developing and reviewing proposed amendments to the Bylaws, and facilitating the review and comment by the Board and legal counsel; and
- Providing for the review and approval of the proposed rules and procedures of the Council of Experts (CoE) and the Council of the Convention (CoC), including any amendments thereto, as follows:
- The Governance Committee shall review the proposed rules and procedures to ensure consistency with these Bylaws, and shall solicit comments from Voting Members, who shall have at least ninety (90) days to provide comments;
- The Governance Committee shall provide its comments and those received from Voting Members to the Council for consideration; and
- The Governance Committee shall forward the rules and procedures, along with all comments and the Council's responses thereto, to the Board of Trustees for approval.
2015–2020 Governance Committee Members
Voting Organizational Members
Members of the Council of Experts