Review of Current Practices and Futuristic Thinking on In vitro Testing and Technologies for OINDPs
This workshop will provide a thorough update of various in vitro testing procedures and upcoming technologies for orally inhaled and nasal drug product (OINDP). Three sessions are considered for this workshop:
- Statistical techniques
- Aerosol characterization procedures
- Combination product development strategies
All topics were selected by a panel of subject matter experts (SMEs) from the AAPS Inhalation and Nasal Technology focus group (INTFG), International Pharmaceutical Aerosol Consortium on Regulation and Science, United States Pharmacopeial Convention (USP), and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These topics will provide valuable feedback to industry and academia on the regulatory landscape and the pipeline of OINDPs in the United States and world market. Proceedings should be published as a white paper in a peer-reviewed journal by participating organizations. Proceedings should be available at the AAPS INTFG Web site for future access to AAPS members and workshop attendees.
- Learn the current regulatory developments and future perspectives of statistical approaches and aerosol characterization techniques for OINDPs.
- Learn the current developments and future perspectives of USP chapters related to OINDPs.
- Learn the current developments and future perspectives of combination product development.
Graduate students, postdoctoral Fellows, and pharmaceutical scientists working in the academia and industries in the field of combination product development, specifically OINDPs, will benefit from this workshop. Program officers of various funding agencies such as the National Institutes of Health and American Lung Association will be able to identify new areas of funding in this field.
Registration will open in March 2013.