FCC Revisions, Commentary & Errata
NOTICE: USP-NF and FCC Errata Table Correction (posted 07–Aug–2015). Haga clic aquí para la versión en español de este comunicado.
Revisions to FCC standards are published in the FCC, which includes a main edition and three Supplements. Revisions supersede any previously published content.
Revision proposals published in the FCC Forum often elicit public comments that are forwarded to the Food Ingredients Expert Committee for review and response. Following the Rules and Procedures of the 2015–2020 Council of Experts, revision proposals can advance to publication with minor modifications, as needed, without requiring further public review.
Errata are considered to be text erroneously published in the FCC or its Supplements that does not accurately reflect the intended requirements as approved by the Council of Experts. Errata are posted here to ensure that FCC users receive Errata information in a timely manner. The Errata are posted on the last Friday of June and December to align with the posting of the FCC Forums, and are effective on the first day of the following month.
Errata are incorporated into the next available effective publication as follows:
- Errata are corrected in each online publication (FCC bi-annual edition, first, second, and third Supplements) and include revision symbols to designate changes—
•new text• (ERR 1–Jul–2012).
- Errata are corrected in the bi-annual print publication. Errata are corrected in print Supplements only when a title has been revised. Revision symbols are also included when Errata appear in print.
Errata are posted in a new interactive table below. Users can search for an item by title, or sort the table by column heading. In addition, data can be downloaded in Excel or CSV format and printed.
- Errata Effective Date refers to the date the Erratum becomes effective.
- Source Publication is the latest effective publication where the Erratum appears, or upcoming effective publication if the Erratum was introduced after the latest effective publication.
- Page Number indicates where the item is found within the source print publication.
- Target Errata Print Publication specifies when the Erratum will be corrected in print and will always reflect the next available Book, as Errata corrections only appear in print Supplements when a title has been revised.
- Target Online Fix Publication specifies when the Erratum will be corrected online and may be a Book or Supplement.
Food Chemicals Codex (FCC), Ninth Edition
- Revisions (posted 31–Jan–2014)
- Cancellations (posted 31–Jan–2014)
- Deferrals (posted 31–Jan–2014)
- Commentary (posted 28–Feb–2014)
- Revisions (posted 30–Jan–2015)
- Deferrals (posted 30–Jan–2015)
- Cancellations (posted 30–Jan–2015)
- Commentary (posted 02–Mar–2015)
- Index (posted 13–Mar–2015)
- Revisions (posted 31–Jul–2015)
- Deferrals - None
- Cancellations (posted 31–Jul–2015)
- Commentary (posted 1–Sep–2015)
- Index (posted 1–Sep–2015)
Food Chemicals Codex (FCC), Eighth EditionView
- Errata to FCC 8 (posted 29–Jun–2012)
- Amended Appendix Section Titles (posted 01–Mar–2012)
- Commentary (posted 24–Feb–2012)
- FCC 8th Edition, New CFSAN URL Notice (posted 24–Feb–2012)
- Revisions (posted 27–Jan–2012)
Food Chemicals Codex (FCC), Seventh Edition View
- Errata to FCC 7 (posted 29–Dec–2011)
- Errata to FCC 7 (posted 29–Jun–2011)
- Errata to FCC 7 (posted 03–Jan–2011)
- Errata to FCC 7 (posted 28–Jun–2010)
- Revisions (posted 16–Mar–2010)
- Commentary (posted 16–Mar–2010)
- FDA Comments on Lutein and Tagetes Extract
Food Chemicals Codex (FCC), Sixth Edition View
- Errata to FCC 6 (posted 04–Jan–2010)
- Errata to FCC 6, First Supplement, Version 1 (posted 29–Jun–2009)
- Errata to FCC 6, Version 2 (posted 29–Jun–2009)
- Errata to FCC 6, Version 1 (posted 27–Jun–2008)
- Commentary (posted 29–Feb–2008)
For more information on the errata process, see USP's Guideline on the Use of Accelerated Processes for Revisions to USP–NF. USP staff is available to respond to questions regarding the accuracy of a particular requirement by phone at 1-800-822-USPC or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.