- Catherine Sheehan, M.S., M.S., Senior Director - Excipients, email@example.com
Interested in learning more about the work of this Expert Committee?
Upcoming Official Meetings
- November 14–November 15, 2019, at USP–U.S., Rockville, MD
Past Meetings – Executive Summaries
- August 1–2, 2018 Excipients strategy meeting
- November 30–December 1, 2017
- December 1–2, 2016
- November 19, 2015
- March 30, 2018 – New Proposed Chapter: Supplier Qualification by User of Upstream Supply Chain for Pharmaceutical Excipients
- November 15–November 16, 2018, at USP–U.S., Rockville, MD.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Monograph modernization with associated RS
- New monograph development with associated RS
- New excipient related chapters development
- Excipient General Chapters update
Expert Committee Charge
- The Excipient Monographs 1 Expert Committee is responsible for developing new and revising existing monographs and their associated reference standards for pharmaceutical excipients. The committee is also responsible for new excipient related General Chapters development and excipient General Chapters update. Excipient Monographs 1 and 2 Expert Committees collaborate through the Excipient Monograph Collaborative EC.
- Priority Monograph Modernization Initiative.
- Identify gaps in current excipient monograph specifications to assure fit for purpose in a global supply chain setting
- Development of missing NF monographs and Associated RS
- General Chapters development and update with methods to reassure the user that the quality of an excipient is fit for purpose
Subcommittees and Expert Panels
- Subcommittee A (Small Molecules)
- Subcommittee B (Polymers, Proteins, Clays)
- Subcommittee C (Oils, Fats, Waxes, Plants)
- <1195> Significant Change Guide For Bulk Pharmaceutical Excipients Joint Subcommittee
- Biologics & Biotechnology (B&B) Joint Subcommittee
- Co-processed Excipients Joint Subcommittee
- Element Specific Chapters Joint Subcommittee
- Metal Impurities Joint Subcommittee
- Excipient Nomenclature Joint Subcommittee
- Impurities Joint Subcommittee
- Lactoses Joint Subcommittee
- Polyethylene Glycol Joint Subcommittee
- Polysorbates Joint Subcommittee
- Excipients/Dietary Supplement/Foods/Herbal Medicines Joint Standards-Setting Subcommittee (JS3)
- <1059> Excipient Performance Expert Panel
Ballot Results and Standards Development