GMP Audit Program for Dietary Ingredients and Supplements
Use the most authoritative source for dietary supplement GMP audits
- USP's Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) audit program specializes in dietary supplement and ingredient manufacturing facilities.
- Our dietary supplement GMP standards predate DSHEA and FDA cGMPs.
- USP's commitment to protecting public health through standards and related programs spans nearly 200 years.
USP Verification enrollment not required
- While encouraged to join the USP Verification Program, it is no longer a requirement to be audited by USP.
- For no additional fee, audit results may be applied to the USP Verification Program in the first year of participation.*
Prepare for new audit requirements
Our GMP audit criteria help you to exceed FDA cGMP requirements.
USP General Chapter <2750> vs. FDA cGMPs for Dietary Supplements:
|Audit Requirement||USP GMPs||FDA GMPs|
|Expiration Dating and Stability Testing||Yes||Not Addressed|
|Identity Testing for Ingredients||All Ingredients||Only Dietary Ingredients|
Contact USP Senior Director of Verification Programs, John Atwater, at +1-301-816-8529 or email@example.com.
You can also complete the online application form to join the program.
*Restrictions apply. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.