Get Involved in Developing USP Dietary Supplement Standards
Your participation is important to USP's public standards-setting process. Only through open communication and collaboration can we establish authoritative and relevant monographs, methods, and Reference Standards that aptly reflect industry and public needs. Here is how you can contribute:
- Submit new draft monographs for dietary supplements and dietary ingredients that are not yet in the Dietary Supplements Compendium (DSC), USP–NF, or Food Chemicals Codex (FCC).
Review and comment on draft monographs published in USP's free online forums: Pharmacopeial Forum (PF) and FCC Forum.
- Propose revisions to monographs and procedures in the current editions of the DSC, USP–NF, or FCC, and submit data for proposed alternatives.
- Donate bulk material or volunteer your lab for the development of USP Reference Standards.
USP Donor Submission Portal
USP is pleased to announce the Donor Submission Portal (DSP). It is a secure, user-friendly, and interactive electronic platform for the exchange of information between sponsors and USP, in particular the transfer of monograph and reference material data to USP’s Standards Acquisition Department. Monograph and reference material acquisition is the first step in developing a public standard, and the Donor Submission Portal is designed to further facilitate and encourage participation in the USP standards-setting process.
The DSP's features allow sponsors to do the following in a safe, secure, and confidential website:
- Search for monographs of interest
- Submit documents in various formats for the development of a monograph
- Track progress of their submissions
- Discuss acquisition activities with the Standards Acquisition manager responsible for their submission
- View and share the compendial work of their organization
- Track their company's compendial activities for reporting to management and project planning
- Discuss standards-setting topics in a discussion forum
- Sponsors (individuals in an organization who are responsible for submitting data for monograph and reference material development)
- USP staff
- Click on https://donors.usp.org to access the Portal or request access (you may wish to consult your organization's compendial point of contact first)
- Training tutorial and other resources are available within the Portal.
USP Donor Recognition Program
USP appreciates industry participation and acknowledges the important role it plays in our standards-setting activities. Donors of monographs and candidate reference materials may receive, at their discretion, Certificates of Appreciation when monographs reach the publication stage or when donated reference materials reach the USP Catalog. Reference material donors also get a summary of the data collected by USP on their candidate material.
In addition to certificates, donors may receive (based on level of participation and donation status):
- Recognition in USP publications
- Complimentary workshop registrations
- Complimentary print subscription to either USP–NF, FCC, or DSC
- One-year, multiple-user license of electronic USP–NF or FCC
- Complimentary USP Reference Standards