2015–2020 Non-Botanical Dietary Supplements Expert Committee Work Plan
- March 31, 2016 face-to-face meeting Executive Summary now available
- March 29–31, 2016 Joint Botanical and Non-botanical Dietary Supplements and Herbal Medicines Expert Committee Meeting Executive Summary now available
- Quality Standards for Gummy Dietary Supplements Topic of Recent USP Roundtable Discussion
- Detecting Deception: USP Screening Methods for Supplements Adulterated with Drugs
- Interested in learning more about the work of this Expert Committee? Attend an Expert Committee meeting.
- Non-botanical (vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes) dietary supplement ingredient and product monographs
Expert Committee Charge
The Non-Botanical Dietary Supplements Expert Committee is responsible for the development of new and revision of existing monographs and their associated reference materials for non-botanical dietary supplement ingredients and products.
- Work with FDA and stakeholders to develop new and improve existing non-botanical dietary supplement monographs
- Work with FDA and stakeholders to improve existing non-botanical drug monographs
- Modernize assay methods by titration to high-performance liquid chromatography and other advanced methods as appropriate
Subgroups and Expert Panels
- <2251> Adulteration of Dietary Supplements with Drugs and Drug Analogs Expert Panel
- Admission Evaluations Subcommittee
- Dietary Supplements and Herbal Medicines Nomenclature Joint Subcommittee
- General Chapters Subcommittee
- Dosage Forms Subcommittee
Ballot Results and Standards-Development
- 2015–2020 Cycle Approvals, Deferrals, and Cancellations of this Expert Committee (29–Apr–2016)
- View Expert Committee monograph and general chapter assignments.
Upcoming Official Meetings
- To be Determined