2015–2020 Botanical Dietary Supplements and Herbal Medicines Expert Committee Work Plan
- March 29, 2016 face-to-face meeting Executive Summary now available
- March 29–31, 2016 Joint Botanical and Non-botanical Dietary Supplements and Herbal Medicines Expert Committee Meeting Executive Summary now available
- Detecting Deception: USP Screening Methods for Supplements Adulterated with Drugs (from Quality Matters)
- Interested in learning more about the work of this Expert Committee? Attend an Expert Committee meeting.
- Botanical dietary supplement ingredient and product monographs
- Herbal medicinal ingredient, powder, and extract monographs
Expert Committee Charge
The Botanical Dietary Supplements and Herbal Medicines Expert Committee is responsible for the development of new and revision of existing monographs and their associated reference materials for botanical dietary supplements and herbal medicine ingredients. The Expert Committee will address U.S. as well as global standards.
- Work with FDA and stakeholders to develop new and improve existing botanical dietary supplement and herbal medicine monographs
- Work with FDA and stakeholders to modernize existing botanical drug monographs
- Modernize chromatographic methods for identification of articles of botanical origin as appropriate
Subgroups and Expert Panels
- <2040> Disintegration and Dissolution of Dietary Supplements Expert Panel
- <2251> Adulteration of Dietary Supplements with Drugs and Drug Analogs Expert Panel
- Admission Evaluations Joint Subcommittee
- Dietary Supplements and Herbal Medicines Nomenclature Joint Subcommittee
- General Chapters Joint Subcommittee
- Dosage Forms Subcommittee
Ballot Results and Standards-Development
- 2015–2020 Cycle Approvals, Deferrals, and Cancellations of this Expert Committee (29–Jul–2016)
- View expert committee monograph and general chapter assignments.
Upcoming Official Meetings
- To be determined