Medicines Quality Database Terms
YOUR USE OF THE MEDICINE QUALITY DATABASE CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE.
1. About the Database. The Database includes information about medicines that was obtained from samples collected from outlets in the noted countries or regions, whether in public, private or informal sectors (pharmacies, convenience stores, markets, hospitals, and clinics, etc.). The test results reflect the quality of the sampled medicines only. The test results may reflect not only manufacturing practices but also conditions during procurement, distribution, and storage.
Medicines in this Database are classified as "counterfeit" according to the specific country's legal definition of a counterfeit drug. For example, some countries consider a medicine to be counterfeit if it contains less than 80% or more than 120% of the active pharmaceutical ingredient as claimed on the label, while other countries have less strict limits. There may also be differences between counterfeit medicines and substandard medicines in country-specific laws and regulations.
2. Limitations on Use. The Database is not for commercial exploitation. You may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, rent, lease, loan, sell, sublicense, or create derivative works from this Database. You may not copy, modify, reproduce, republish, distribute, display, or transmit for commercial purposes all or any portion of this Database. Any unauthorized use of this Database is prohibited.
3. Not Legal Advice. The name of the manufacturer or the brand or commercial name of a medicine, as it appears in the Database, is what is claimed on the label or the packaging of the tested sample(s). The manufacturer's claim on the label may not be the true source of the tested sample. For medicines of poor quality, further investigation by appropriately trained personnel may be required to determine or identify the actual manufacturer and/or the location of the manufacturing facilities.
The listing of a particular drug or manufacturer in the Database is not intended as and does not constitute legal advice. The accuracy, completeness, adequacy or currency of the Database is not warranted or guaranteed. Your use of this Database is at your own risk.
4. DISCLAIMER. This database and the content thereof is provided "as is" and with all faults. To the fullest extent permitted by law, USP specifically disclaims the implied warranty of merchantability of a computer program, and the implied warranty of accuracy. There is no warranty that this database or the information contained within it will fulfill any of your particular purposes or needs. USP makes no representation or warranty with respect to the database's accuracy, completeness, or currency; and USP specifically disclaims any other warranty, express, implied, or statutory, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. USP shall not be liable on account of any such errors, omissions, delays, or losses. You agree that in no event will USP be liable for the results of your use of the database, for your inability or failure to conduct your business, or for indirect, special, or consequential damages. The foregoing limitation of liability and exclusion of certain damages shall apply regardless of the success or effectiveness of other remedies.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. USP shall not be liable for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage of any kind resulting from your use of this database, or the content hereof. USP shall not be liable for any special, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever (including, without limitation, attorneys' fees) in any way due to, resulting from, or arising in connection with the use of or inability to use this database.