The Council of the Convention (CoC) includes up to 25 persons who are Delegates or other representatives of Voting Organizational Members, or Voting At-Large Members. The CoC must include at least one member from each membership category described in the Bylaws. CoC members are appointed by the President of the Convention in consultation with the Executive Vice President-CEO and approved by the Board of Trustees.
The 2015-2020 was organized in August 2015. Additional CoC members may be added throughout the cycle.
The CoC's duties as stipulated in the Article IX of the 2015–2020 Bylaws are summarized below.
- Developing rules and procedures for inviting Convention Members, including criteria for membership and procedures for removing Voting Organizational Members for cause as defined in Article III, Section 7;
- Recommending the invitation or removal of Convention Members to the Board of Trustees;
- Establishing criteria for organizations to be invited as Observers to the Convention, inviting Observers, and developing rules and procedures for their participation;
- Developing resolutions that advance the purposes of the Convention; and
- Developing approaches and mechanisms for engaging and communicating with the Membership.
2015–2020 Council of the Convention Members (July 2016)
CoC Chair, President, USP Convention
Jesse L. Goodman, M.D., MPH
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
Lynette Bradley-Baker, Ph.D., R.Ph.
American Medical Association
Barry D. Dickinson, Ph.D.
American Pharmacists Association
Thomas E. Menighan, R.Ph., M.B.A., F.A.Ph.A.
American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
Kasey Thompson, Pharm.D., M.S., M.B.A.
Association for Accessible Medicine
David R. Gaugh, R.Ph.
Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute
Glen Fine, M.S., M.B.A, C.A.E.
Food and Drug Administration
Pallavi Nithyanandan, Ph.D.
Grocery Manufacturers Association
Leon H. Bruner, D.V.M., Ph.D.
National Association of Boards of Pharmacy
Elizabeth Scott Russell, R.Ph.
National Consumers League
Karin Bolte, J.D.
University of São Paulo School of Pharmacy
Maria Ines Santoro, Ph.D.