Contributed Articles & Editorials
USP frequently contributes articles and editorials to professional media. Visit the links below to access full articles. Please note: you may be directed to an outside web page.
- USP Seeks Input on Standards for Plastic Packaging Systems
- Pharmaceutical Technology (10/2/13)—USP’s Desmond Hunt discusses new and revised standards to mitigate extractables and leachables in plastic packaging systems.
- Standards for Ancillary Materials Used in Cell- and Tissue-Based Therapies
- BioProcess International (09/2013)—USP scientists discuss regulatory guidance and development standards for ancillary materials used in cell- and tissue-based therapies.
- USP and ISCT to Co-Host Workshop on the Quality of Cell- and Tissue-based Regenerative Medicine Products
- The Telegraft (08/2013)—USP hosts a workshop on characterization and development of compendial assays for cell- and tissue-based regenerative medicine products.
- Tools to Fight Food Fraud
- Nutritional Outlook (6/5/13)—USP’s Gabriel I. Giancaspro and Markus Lipp discuss the growing trends in food fraud and the tools to help prevent and detect adulteration.
- Testing for Residual Host Cell Protein and DNA
- Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News (05/2013)—USP’s Maura Kibbey discussed best practices and validation of procedures for residual host cell protein and DNA in biotechnology products.
- Modernization of USP Standards
- Pharmaceutical Technology (2/1/13)—US Pharmacopeial Convention continues to make modernization of standards a top priority in 2013.
- Standards-Setting Activities on Impurities
- Pharmaceutical Technology (01/2/13)—USP's focus in 2013 involves standards relating to organic impurities, measurement of residual DNA and host-cell proteins in biotechnology products, and elemental impurities. USP’s Antonio Hernandez-Cardoso, Maura Kibbey and Kahkashan Zaidi address these topics.
- Certifications Guide
- Whole Foods Magazine (1/1/13)—Whole Foods presents a snapshot of some of the most commonly used certifications in the natural and organic products industry, including the USP Verified mark.