USP envisions a world in which all have access to high quality, safe, and beneficial medicines and foods. USP approaches this vision with a sense of urgency and purpose, strengthened by its cadre of dedicated expert volunteers, members, and staff, and by working collaboratively with key stakeholders across the globe.
The USP Strategic Plan
During each Convention cycle, USP leadership examines global needs and USP's resources and capabilities and determines an organized course of action to attain our vision. This course of action is outlined formally in the USP Strategic Plan. The current plan is focused on meeting these primary objectives:
- Expand and enhance USP’s core compendial activities
- Build and strengthen USP’s allied compendial programs
- Engage in other programs that leverage USP’s unique capabilities
- Operate both nationally and internationally
- Manage all USP's programs, products, and services efficiently and effectively
2010–2015 Resolutions: Specific Areas of Focus
USP's volunteer Convention members meet once every five years to discuss, vote upon, and adopt a set of resolutions that further USP's mission by defining specific focus areas for the next five-year period. The USP Convention’s resolutions are aligned with USP’s mission, vision, and current Strategic Plan.